There are a few reasons why your report may not contain the results you expected:
- A person must be convicted of a crime to have a criminal record. An arrest does not create a criminal record.
- The records may have been expunged or sealed. For example, minors' criminal offenses are sealed and are not a matter of public record.
- The information has not yet been updated in the public records database. Updates can take several months, depending on the state.
- The criminal offenses are listed under a different state, name, alias, or date of birth.
- A limited number of states and counties do not make their criminal records available online.
If you purchased a Single-State Criminal Check, you may wish to consider adding a Nationwide Criminal Check to your report to check records from all available sources nationwide.